- Nuage chaise will make its worldwide debut at the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition on May 21, 2019
- Nuage chaise will be ready to install on board the Global 5500 and Global 6500 aircraft upon entry-into-service as planned later this year
- Innovative lounge seating converts into a flat surface for sleeping or banquet-style dining around the conference grouping table
- Adds new dimensions to the Global 5500 and Global 6500 aircraft with revolutionary four-in-one seating options in the conference suite
- Designed around Bombardier’s patented Nuage seat, the spacious cabins aboard the newest additions to the Global family of aircraft feature unique levels of innovation, comfort and the smoothest ride
Geneva, May 20, 2019 – Bombardier will unveil a prototype of its Nuage chaise, a revolutionary seat innovation on board the Global family of aircraft, at the 2019 European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE). The innovative Nuage chaise is business aviation’s first and only lounge chair that converts into a flat surface for sleeping or banquet-style dining around the conference grouping table. Within the fluid lines of its exceptionally crafted architecture is a marvel of furniture engineering, meticulously designed to maximize comfort in flight.
“In designing the Nuage chaise, we wanted to bring flexibility to the cabin experience, maximizing comfort and relaxation on long-haul flights. The Nuage chaise introduces an all-new, ergonomically-perfected lounge position – not offered on any other business aircraft,” said Peter Likoray, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, Bombardier Business Aircraft. “Our customers will benefit from the most comfortable cabin experience with exclusive features that are as innovative as they are luxurious, all the while enjoying the unrivalled performance and smooth ride, signature to Bombardier’s industry-leading Global aircraft.”
The Nuage chaise is a first in business aviation; its modular architecture merges utility, comfort and style. Inspired by a chaise longue, its minimalist style lends to the cabin’s open feeling, while its varied functionality gives this space unprecedented versatility. A revolutionary four-in-one design, the Nuage chaise can be used for meetings, dining, lounging and sleeping, effectively broadening the utility of the whole cabin.
The Global 5500 and Global 6500 aircraft will enter service with stunning new cabins, featuring the patented Nuage seat, engineered for maximum comfort on long flights, and debuting the industry-first Nuage chaise in the conference suite. Ultra-fast connectivity combined with the industry’s first 4K, ultra-high-resolution system, will maximize productivity and comfort, and customers will have safe access to baggage at all times. Bombardier’s Global family of aircraft is entering a new era. Passengers will benefit from unrivalled performance in absolute comfort, all the while enjoying Bombardier’s signature smooth ride.
Bombardier (BBD-B.TO) is a global leader in aviation, focused on designing, manufacturing, and servicing the world's most exceptional business jets. Bombardier’s Challenger and Global aircraft families are renowned for their cutting-edge innovation, cabin design, performance, and reliability. Bombardier has a worldwide fleet of approximately 5,000 aircraft in service with a wide variety of multinational corporations, charter and fractional ownership providers, governments, and private individuals. Bombardier aircraft are also trusted around the world in government and military special-mission roles leveraging Bombardier Defense’s proven expertise.
Headquartered in Greater Montréal, Québec, Bombardier operates aerostructure, assembly and completion facilities in Canada, the United States and Mexico. The company’s robust customer support network services the Learjet, Challenger and Global families of aircraft, and includes facilities in strategic locations in the United States and Canada, as well as in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, the UAE, Singapore, China and Australia.
For corporate news and information, including Bombardier’s Environmental, Social and Governance report, as well as the company’s plans to cover all its flight operations with Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) utilizing the Book and Claim system visit bombardier.com. Learn more about Bombardier’s industry-leading products and customer service network at businessaircraft.bombardier.com. Follow us on X (Twitter) @Bombardier.
- Visit the Bombardier Business Aircraft website for more information on our industry-leading products and services.
- Follow @Bombardierjets on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Business Aircraft.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the RSS Feed section.
Bombardier, Global, Global 5500, Global 6500 and Nuage are registered or unregistered trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.