The cockpit on the Global 5500 | Global 6500 aircraft is the first in the industry to offer a true Combined Vision System (CVS). It is the only system to seamlessly merge Synthetic Vision System (SVS) and Enhanced Vision System (EVS) in a single view, reducing crew workload and achieving unmatched situational awareness with the clearest view through the toughest weather.
Approach runways with confidence with the only system to seamlessly merge enhanced and synthetic vision images in a single view and offers:
- Complimentary operational and safety benefits
- Precise de-cluttering of the runway and approach lighting areas for optimal decision making information
- No need for manual adjustment of the EVS/SVS split with changing weather, visibility or flight conditions
A combination of synthetic and enhanced vision systems
Synthetic Vision System (SVS)
SVS provides digital imagery of the surrounding environment unaffected by weather or visibility conditions
- Vivid imagery with clear and nuanced definition of landforms, obstacles and buildings
- Key virtual scenery elements such as airport dome, extended runway centerline and fixed distance markers
- Sharp water contours for intuitive environment differentiation
Enhanced Vision System (EVS)
EVS provides real-time, infrared images in all phases of flight
- Increased ability of approach and runway cues through mist, haze, smoke or smog
- Live visibility of dynamic elements including aircraft, vehicles and animals for quick identification of runway incursions
- Thermal imagery of terrain details and urban surroundings
© Collins Aerospace 2020. All rights reserved.
Global 5500 | 6500
Bombardier's true CVS overlays SVS & EVS for a true fully blended image centered on the screen.
The competitor has a stitched image of SVS on top and EVS on the bottom split with a distinct separation.